Parking in Padstow
Padstow has 4 main carparks:
- The nearest to the harbour is the Harbour Car Park run by the Harbour Commissioners.
- The Town Council runs the Railway Car Park (at the bottom of Station Road) and the Lawns Car Park (opposite the Old School on School Hill). (click here for more info). Both of these car parks are payable using Ringo: Railway Car Park is location code 2849 and Lawns Car Park is location code 2848 and the number to call is 01872 884466.
- Cornwall County Council runs the Link Road Car Park by the fire station (click here for more info). You can pay for your parking via Ringo, the location code is 8227 and you need to call 01872 672727.
During the main season there are 2 additional carparks:
A park and ride operating at the entrance to Padstow just before Tesco on A389. £4 per car all day. Open Easter, May Day and Spring Bank Holiday to end of September. Car park open 10am – 10pm. First bus from 10.30am and last bus 6pm and runs every 15 minutes to take you into town.
Long Stay Car Parking in Padstow
Long stay parking is available on Trevethan Farm, next to Tesco. Ideal if you are walking the coast path and wish to leave your car in Padstow. Leaving your car on the streets is not recommended as on street parking is at a premium and the roads are very narrow. Cars / Motor Homes – £2.50 per day/part day or £18.00 per week. Contact Mrs Hagley firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Tregirls Car Park
Perfect for visiting the beach. Follow the road out past the Farm Shop, through Crugmeer to Harbour Cove. Seasonal.
The Quarry car park in Rock is run by Padstow Harbour Commissioners and has the same price as the harbour car park above. The post code for this car park is PL27 6FD. When this car park is full there is an overflow car park (high season only) 1/4 mile up Rock Road opposite the Institute/Gallery. Closes at 8pm.
You can pay for your parking via Ringo, the location code is 15661 and the number to call is 0203 0460010.
The two car parks beside the beach at Trevone are managed from Trevone Beach Stores.The cost is £4 per car per day. During high season this is payable to the ticket booth at the entrance to the car park and during low season to the Beach Stores direct.
Wadebridge has the following car parks:
- Wadebridge Town Council operated Jubilee car park and Library Car Park (click here for more details).
- Cornwall County Council operated Piggy Lane and Goldsworthy Way
- Padstow Harbour Commissioners operate a few spaces on the quay beside Eddystone Road.
N.B. There is no coach parking available in Wadebridge
- Tristram Car Park. Open all year. This car park has access to the beach. Prices start at £1.50 for up to 1 hour up to a maximum of £6 per day (over 4 hours)
- Polzeath Beach. Cornwall Council car park click here for details.
- New Polzeath. Cornwall Council car park http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=19047click here for details.
Other Cornwall County Council Car Parks
N.B. You can purchase countywide rover tickets for Cornwall Council Car Parks. Click here for details. Please note not all car parks in Cornwall are County Council owned. The link above gives a list of valid car parks.
Click here for details of all the Cornwall County Council Car parks in this area including Port Isaac, Polzeath, Constantine, Wadebridge and Porthcothan.
Click here for a map showing all Cornwall County Council Car parks in Cornwall.
National Trust Car Parks
There are National Trust Car Parks on the coast path between Padstow and Newquay at Park Head and Bedruthan Steps. There are also carparks along the coast path between Pentire Head and Port Quin.