Poldark Series 5 – Episode 8 – Cornwall filming locations explained
The final episode of Poldark Series 5 aired on Monday 26th August 2019 on the BBC in the UK.
Exciting, explosive and emotional, episode 8 certainly delivered a spectacular finale.
Find out more below about the wonderful Cornish destinations shown in the last episode.
This blog post explains where the Cornwall filming locations can be found. If you are planning a trip to Cornwall soon then this will help you find these locations, and don’t worry if you have not seen this episode yet as there are no spoilers.
Here we go and with links to download our free maps showing the different locations…
- The magnificent destination of Bedruthan Steps, with its iconic stacks standing proud against the waves of the Atlantic Ocean, features in the opening location nighttime shots. Please click here to see a map showing more information about this wonderful spot and coastline in North Cornwall.
Nampara Cottage, used for multiple shots in this episode
- We then see the first of many shots in this episode of the exterior of Ross and Demelza’s family home, Nampara Cottage. For more information about Bodmin Moor and this beautiful Cornish location near the building used as the exterior of Nampara Cottage click here
- The scene where Demelza rides on horseback across the misty clifftop is filmed at the popular filming spot of Botallack. This area has World Heritage Site status due to its rich mining history and is certainly worth a visit. More information about this spectacular clifftop location can be found here.
The mine at Botallack used to depict Wheal Jane
- We are then treated to flyover footage of the dramatic headland at Gwennap Head with far-reaching views of the Atlantic Ocean and the tall ship in the sea. To find the coast path and the best places to park in this area please click here
- We first see a nighttime shot of the quaint fishing village of Penberth Cove which depicts the fictional coastal village of Sawle on screen. We are then treated to a wonderful scene of villagers enjoying the festivities taking place at Penberth Cove on a blustery day. Ross talks with Tess and then Demelza and Geoffrey Charles. Dwight and Caroline are also present walking up from the slipway. More information about Penberth Cove including a free map can be found here.
Dollar Cove, where the closing scenes were filmed
- The highly emotional and dramatic closing moments are filmed at the stunning Dollar Cove on the beautiful Lizard Peninsula. As Ross and Demelza captivate the audience whilst talking on the clifftop the footage shows the beautiful beach at Dollar Cove with Church Cove behind. The aerial shots of both Coves as the men walk the boat out show just how wonderful this coastal spot is. For a free map showing Dollar Cove and how to get there click here.
That’s the last of our destination blogs as Poldark Series 5 has drawn to a close. However, you can always revisit any of our Poldark blogs by clicking on the different Series and Episode links.
For more information on the filming locations used in the previous Series click the following link – Series 4