Padstow has 4 main carparks:
- The nearest to the harbour is the Harbour Car Park run by the Harbour Commissioners. For charges visit: https://www.padstow-harbour.co.uk/phc_tariff.html
- The Town Council runs the Railway Car Park (at the bottom of Station Road) and the Lawns Car Park (opposite the Old School on School Hill). (click here for more info). Both of these car parks are payable using Ringo: Railway Car Park is location code 2849 and Lawns Car Park is location code 2848 and the number to call is 01872 884466.
- Cornwall County Council runs the Link Road Car Park by the fire station (click here for more info). You can pay for your parking via Ringo, the location code is 8227 and you need to call 01872 672727.
A park and ride operating at the entrance to Padstow just before Tesco on A389. £5 per car all day. Open Easter, May Day and Spring Bank Holiday to end of September. Car park open 10am – 10pm. First bus from 10.30am and last bus 6pm and runs every 15 minutes to take you into town. Please call 07747 602716 for more information.
During the main season there are 2 additional carparks:
Long Stay Car Parking in Padstow
Long stay parking is available on Trevethan Farm, the entrance to which is about 75m after the entrance to the Tesco store in Sarah’s Lane. The entrance to the farm is opposite Sarah’s Close. The post code is PL28 8EL. Cars / Motor Homes – £3 per day/part day or £21.00 per week (8 days/part days).. Contact Jessica Hagley on 07867 499607or email email@example.com for more information. Ideal if you are walking the coast path and wish to leave your car in Padstow. Leaving your car on the streets is not recommended as on street parking is at a premium and the roads are very narrow.
Tregirls Car Park
Perfect for visiting the beach. Follow the road out past the Farm Shop, through Crugmeer to Harbour Cove. Seasonal.
Coach Parking in Padstow
Available at The Link Road Car Park:
- Per hour – £1.50
- 24 hours – £10.00
Also at The Railway Car Park:
1 March – 31 October: £8.00 (for up to 4 hours)
1 November – 28/29 February: £5.00 (for up to 4 hours)
Spaces are for parking only, there are no designated set down / collection points. Coaches must pay the coach tariff and are subject to a maximum 4 hour stay.
The Quarry car park in Rock is run by Padstow Harbour Commissioners, for parking charges please visit: https://www.padstow-harbour.co.uk/phc_tariff.html. The post code for this car park is PL27 6FD. When this car park is full there is an overflow car park (high season only) 1/4 mile up Rock Road opposite the Institute/Gallery. Closes at 8pm.
You can pay for your parking via Ringo, the location code is 15661 and the number to call is 0203 0460010.
The two car parks beside the beach at Trevone are managed from Trevone Beach Stores.The cost is £4 per car per day. During high season this is payable to the ticket booth at the entrance to the car park and during low season to the Beach Stores direct.
Wadebridge has the following car parks:
- Wadebridge Town Council operated Jubilee car park and Library Car Park (click here for more details).
- Cornwall County Council operated Piggy Lane and Goldsworthy Way
- Padstow Harbour Commissioners operate a few spaces on the quay beside Eddystone Road. For parking charges please visit: https://www.padstow-harbour.co.uk/phc_tariff.html
N.B. There is no coach parking available in Wadebridge
- Tristram Car Park. Open all year. This car park has access to the beach. Prices start at £1.50 for up to 1 hour up to a maximum of £6 per day (over 4 hours)
- Polzeath Beach. Cornwall Council car park click here for details.
- New Polzeath. Cornwall Council car park http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=19047click here for details.
Other Cornwall County Council Car Parks
N.B. You can purchase countywide rover tickets for Cornwall Council Car Parks. Click here for details. Please note not all car parks in Cornwall are County Council owned. The link above gives a list of valid car parks.
Click here for details of all the Cornwall County Council Car parks in this area including Port Isaac, Polzeath, Constantine, Wadebridge and Porthcothan.
Click here for a map showing all Cornwall County Council Car parks in Cornwall.
National Trust Car Parks
There are National Trust Car Parks on the coast path between Padstow and Newquay at Park Head and Bedruthan Steps. There are also carparks along the coast path between Pentire Head and Port Quin.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT DOGS DIE IN HOT CARS
If you see a dog in distress in a hot car please call 999 immediately.
Please look out for the 5 signs of heatstroke: heavy panting, excessive drooling, lethargy, drowsiness or lack of coordination, vomiting, collapse. Please visit the following RSPCA link on what to do: